The highly experienced family physicians (GPs), specialist doctors and nurses at Valvekliinik are ready to help you with both urgent ailments and chronic illnesses.
Our doctors and nurses will help to determine the most likely reason behind the patient’s health problem, assess the risks, and if necessary, provide instructions for further treatment or tests.
The patient’s needs are always our starting point, and we do our best to find a solution for each health problem. We can carry out most of the necessary analyses and tests on site.
APPOINTMENT WITH THE DOCTOR AND NURSE ON CALL
We offer treatment for all the usual cases that get treated by family physicians, as well as more urgent cases such as:
- Cough, flu, sore throat, respiratory infections.
- Ear infection (children and adults).
- Diarrhoea and vomiting.
- Urinary tract infections (cystitis, pyelonephritis, prostate infection).
- Skin infections, eye infections.
- Suspected sexually transmitted diseases (STD).
- Initial identification of possible causes of fever.
- Back pain, abdominal pain, mild or moderate headache, limb-pain.
- Mild allergic reactions (without shortness of breath and/or swelling of the throat).
- Bug bites.
- Mild burns, wounds, abscesses.
- Wound care, changing of dressings, removal of stitches.
- Joint injections, removal of fluid from joints (knee, elbow, gout) if there are no joint prostheses.
- Removal of foreign bodies from the skin (splinters, ticks, fishing hooks, etc.).
- Removal of skin formations, moles, etc. – either completely or partially for sending to the laboratory for further evaluation.
- Mild traumas to the eye that are not affecting vision; feeling of foreign bodies in the eye.
- Mild traumas with no suspicion of fractures.
- Earwax removal.
- Assessment and treatment of skin rashes and itching.
- Elevated blood pressure (with no severe headaches, blurred vision, or impaired brain function).
- Mild arrhythmias of the heart (without loss of consciousness, fainting, or severe chest pain).
- Deterioration of a chronic disease (bronchial asthma, COPD, mild heart failure, diabetes, depression, anxiety disorders).
- Interim assessment of a previously diagnosed illness – signs of inflammation, blood test, urine analyses – to assess the course of the disease towards improvement/deterioration.
- Primary evaluation of a mild or moderate psychiatric complaints.
- Other non-life threatening conditions, illnesses, and injuries.
- Analyses – results available on the same day
- CRV, or inflammatory marker
- Glucose, or blood sugar analysis
- Analysis of streptococcus, or bacteria which causes angina
- Influenza virus analysis
- Clinical blood test
- Health certificate for motor vehicle drivers
- Certificate to prove that a person has had coronavirus or of a negative COVID-19 test result
- By phone, it is possible to renew your prescriptions for chronic illnesses, we can also renew prescriptions for contraceptives.
There is no X-ray available at Valvekliinik and with life-threatening injuries and illnesses, we recommend going to Emergency Medicine Center. Conditions such as severe shortness of breath, sudden severe pain, fractures, sudden speech impairment and burns with a diameter of more than 10cm, need hospitalization.
PROCEDURES AND TESTS
Valvekliinik offers a variety of procedures and tests to get to the bottom of your health problem.
- There is a separate Gynecology and Pregnancy Center at Valvekliinik, which welcomes all women with gynecological complaints or health-related questions. The gynecologists at Valvekliinik carry out both prenatal and gynecological ultrasonic examination:
- Pregnancy test
- OSCAR test
- Giving a blood sample for the NIPTIFY test
- Fetal anatomy scan, or second trimester scan
- Fetal echocardiogram test, or detailed heart examination
- Third trimester ultrasound to assess fetal weight and circulation
- Tests for various STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Cervical cancer screening
- Valvekliinik’s sonographer will carry out the necessary ultrasound examination to examine the patient’s general health and the composition and condition of internal organs. We carry out the following ultrasound scans:
- Thyroid ultrasound
- Abdominal and pelvic ultrasound
- Ultrasound scan package including ultrasound of thyroid gland, internal organs, abdomen and pelvis, and if necessary, also prostate ultrasound through the abdominal integuments.
- ECG, or electrocardiogram
- Electrocardiogram is used to diagnose heart arrhythmia, to measure heart rate and to assess a variety of possible heart conditions. During the procedure, electrodes are attached to the patient’s body, giving an overview of possible deviation.
- Prostate package
- Blood test – PSA, or Prostate-Specific-Antigen test, accompanied by a questionnaire and examination – we recommend this to men from the age of 50, especially if there is history of tumorous lesions of the prostate in the family and/or if the person himself has complaints referring to excessive growth of the prostate gland (frequent urination, urinary hesitation, etc).
- Surgical removal of a birthmark
- At Valvekliinik, it is possible to surgically remove smaller birthmarks and smaller skin formations. The procedure is performed using local anesthesia and is not painful. The duration of the procedure depends on the size and nature of the skin formation.
- Ear wax removal
- We perform flushing of the ear canal, or aspiration, using a special instrument.
- Intra-articular injections and/or removing extra joint fluid
- We remove the extra fluid, if necessary, send it to the laboratory for diagnostics, and if needed, will inject into joints agents which have an alleviating or curing effect.
- Removal of ingrown nails
- At Valvekliinik, we remove the ingrown nail partly or completely, to prevent inflammation and reduce the pain and swelling caused by the ingrown toenail.
- At Valvekliinik, it is possible to get vaccinations against tick-borne encephalitis, flu, and cervical cancer (HPV).