How to reduce the risk of coronavirus disease COVID-19.
1. Stay calm and keep your head straight!
2. Stay updated and follow the instructions given by The Health Board. The Health Board updates their website constantly. Foreign recommendations might not be relevant in Estonia.
3. Wash your hands frequently with warm water and soap. In public places use alcohol- based hand disinfectant. Follow respiratory hygiene. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when you cough or sneeze. Dispose the tissue immediately after use and clean your hands.
4. If you are healthy, you can live an ordinary life even if you have traveled to countries where cases of coronavirus have already occured. Getting an infection from a person without symptoms is extremely unlikely.
5. If you get sick, stay home until you are well!
6. Treat virus symptoms: rest, lower temperature, symptomatic treatment.
7. If you get sick, contact your family doctor or contact family physician advisory line- 1220. It is free and answers your questions 24/7.
8. Visit your family physician only if you have been instructed by the doctor.
9. Call the ambulance if you feel: chest pain, shortness of breath, difficulty of breathing, disruption of conscious, confusion, fatique.
10. Coronavirus is more dangerous for the elderly, chronic disease patients (diabetes, chronic respiratory disease and heart failure). Risk group is also cancer patients and people who are receiving treatment that suppress the immune system.